Lyonsbennett is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Lyons Bennett Limited registered in England and Wales No. 6906321. Registered office: 28 Fourth Avenue, Hove, East Sussex BN3 2PJ.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
• if you contact us we may keep a record of that correspondence;
• details of your visits to our website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, web-logs and other communication data; and
• generally available published contact information.
We may collect information about your computer, including your IP address, operating system and browser type. This is statistical data only and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you is stored securely on our servers and a back-up of this data is maintained at a separate secure location.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data once transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• to maintain a business development database for reasons including: for analysis, research and statistical purposes;
• to provide you with information or services that may be of interest to your company;
• to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us; and
• if you do not wish us to use your data in this way, you can, at any time, request to unsubscribe.
How we protect your data
Security is a priority for us. We have put in place and are committed to maintaining such security procedures and technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal information. Access to all internal data servers is limited and is controlled via active directory authentication using defined policies to control password expiry and renewal.
Disclosure of your information
We will not disclose your personal information to any third parties, except under the following limited circumstances:
• if lyonsbennett or substantially all of its assets is acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers may be one of the transferred assets;
• if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation.
How long we will keep your data
We will keep your data for the time that it is relevant and or necessary to do so.
You have the right to ask to:
• request access to, deletion of, or correction of, your personal data;
• restrict or object to processing your personal data;
• withdraw your consent where the processing was based on that consent, but note that this does not affect any processing not based on your consent;
• request we transfer your personal data to another person; and
• complain to our nominated representative.
In each case described above and in the first instance, please contact the lyonsbennett Data Protection Officer.
You can also complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office or other relevant supervisory authority.
The lyonsbennett website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties, including affiliates, clients and others. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
Access to information
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please contact the lyonsbennett Data Protection Officer at lyonsbennett, Phoenix House, 32 West Street, Brighton BN1 2RT.
How to contact us